About the job
The Sales Director is responsible for qualifying and generating leads through existing
relationships or market inquisition for qualified opportunities in parcel picking in the parcel, general merchandise, and 3rd party logistics (3PL) markets. This position develops and maintains strategic business relationships within accounts and prospects at the executive level. This position requires the individual to work closely with management and engineering staff to communicate customer expectations and requirements to provide “order winning” solutions
- Influences and convinces customers. Actively builds relationships. Maintains current network within the material handling and logistics industries.
- Identifies the decision maker, gate keeper, advisors, and operations/users in the sales process to determine their influence in the sales process.
- Initiates market research and competitor analysis.
- Demonstrates a commercial understanding of value-based selling (i.e., ROI, payback period, and NPV calculations.)
- Understands the logistics challenges in the parcel, general merchandise, and 3PL environments.
- Focuses on the needs of the customer and assures they are satisfied.
- Prepares and holds professional presentations utilizing various software to include PowerPoint.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in selling complex, integrated solutions.
- Experience in sales of warehouse and distribution center automation systems.
- Experience in Business Development and good network within the supply chain and logistics markets.
- Thorough understating of Warehouse Management Systems, Warehouse Control Systems, and other warehouse software systems used by customers.
- Solid experience in account management through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master of Business Administration
- Understanding of potential industry specific business processes, drivers, and issues to be addressed during the sales cycle.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, cameras, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will also have occasional work and exposure to robots, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may at times be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and must be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, 40 hours/week between M-F, 9:00am-6:00pm.
Frequent travel outside the local area is required. Some travel may be international.
Must be able to show documentation that shows authorization to legally work in the U.S.
Plus One Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.