Title: IT Manager, Enterprise Operations
Location: 100% Onsite in either Findlay, OH or San Antonio, TX
Schedule: M-F standard
Client Industry: Oil & Gas
- Lead AMS strategy and life cycle management efforts to include monitoring business, market, technology trends, and competitive intelligence to drive automation and support the ongoing evolution and innovation of the service.
- Define and manage the AMS mission, goals, and operating model in collaboration with IT Leadership
- Work closely on the transition of services from MPC to the AMS provider to ensure that all aspects are successful including, wave planning, knowledge transfer, service readiness, and ongoing service delivery.
- Manage multiple providers to ensure consistency and support of target operating and service level agreements and that metrics generated reflect the true health of our environment across application portfolios. This includes provisions for administering penalties/rebates to all provider’s monthly fees, including external and cloud providers of as-a-service solutions.
- Coordinates the resolution of high-severity incidents and operational relationships across interfaces and between the providers, as well as ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of all IT services. This includes covering the impact of agile, DevOps, and intelligent automation of delivery and integration processes, as well as managing cross-provider service management functions.
- Works with IT leaders to ensure teams are aligned and support the agreed-upon service levels with the AMS and other 3rd party providers.
- Identify areas of improvement from trends and patterns identified across the various application portfolios to streamline delivery, including business expectations, and recommends best in class solutions.
- Ensure the AMS provider is providing adequate support and capacity to effectively manage the incident and enhancement backlog. Aid with the prioritization to ensure Marathon is optimizing the use of the available capacity.
- Ensure stakeholders are informed and are engaged on a quarterly basis to highlight areas of success and opportunity across the AMS program.
- Work to drive efficient and effective integration points with the service desk and other providers that help continuously improve the response, mobilization, resolution, and overall experience of the incident process.
- Identify and solve complex, operational, and organizational problems
- Develop financial and operational objectives and execute capital and expense budgets, tracking costs throughout the year and maintaining accurate spend projections.
- Build and maintain a high-performing team grounded in leadership accountability and learning agility through effective goal setting, coaching, development, and performance feedback systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields
- Minimum 8+ years IT experience in IT delivering modern/digital solutions
- Strong ability to lead, coach, and mentor to work and align towards the vision and intent of leveraging 3rd party services.
- Deep knowledge of application operations that helps align services and ensure they are directed to support the most critical processes
- Strong ability to influence peers and others across IT leadership
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT services & processes, and IT frameworks that help guide and enhance the delivery of services to the business.
- Experience managing complex environments and integrated 3rd party services, not limited to, infra-managed services, application-managed services, service desk operations, and network operations.